1,868 miles later!

Well, 1,868 miles later vacation is over and we had a great time. We started our trip Saturday the 25th of August and arrived in Prior Lake, MN. Saturday late afternoon to visit my daddy's cousin Pam and her two boys Ben and Dane. We had a great time visiting them, playing on their trampoline and down at the playground. Mommy said they had fun playing the card game after I went to sleep too. Sunday we got up and Pam showed us around town. We got to visit all the schools that the boys have either been to or are going to go to and we just hung around chatting. It was great to finally meet them and I'm sure mommy and daddy enjoyed themselves as well. :)

Sunday afternoon we headed to Minneapolis, MN where I got to visit the Mall of America. My reaction: WOW. It was so cool, they have roller coasters, lego land, an aquarium, mini put-put,carousel, and this really neat restraunt called The Rainforest Cafe. Anyway, our fist day in Minneapolis we walked around the mall, visited Poppi & Gigi's house that they had built up there, then headed back to the hotel room. We swam every day and I've become even more of a water bug. :) On Monday, we visited the zoo at Como Park and saw lots of neat animals. We also stopped at Minnehaha Falls for a short walk. Then we visited another level (2 of 4) of the mall and we had dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. Tuesday was our last day in Minneapolis so we started the morning off by going to the malls aquarium and BOY was that cool, we got to walk through a 300 foot tunnel filled with all kinds of fish and sharks, then we got to see a baby shark that had started comming out of its shell and I got to pet some fish. We had lots of fun there and would recommend that aquarium to anyone in the area. After the aquarium, we headed back to the amusement park within the mall and I got to ride some rides. My favorite ride was the truck. I was able to honk the horn and drive the truck. When the ride was over I surely didn't want to leave. On our way out of town heading further north to Duluth, we stopped by to see the bridge that had collapsed and said a prayer for all those that died in the tragedy.

By Wednesday early afternoon we were up north in Duluth and I was slipping my toes into the sand of Lake Superior. I loved the sand, but the water was a little cool. Since mommy and daddy forgot my sand toys I made due with what I had and used my shoes as sand toys. Mom was very thankful that all the sand came out easily from my shoes. We also walked along the shore and enjoyed all the sailboats that would come through after the bridge would raise. Thursday we headed up the north shore and did some hiking, we visited some waterfalls and just enjoyed the scenery. We also stopped at a lighthouse called Split Rock and we got to go all they way up into it. It was pretty cool. On Friday, the plan was to go back to the beach, however our high was 68 and the wind was comming off of the lake so it was a pretty cool and windy day so we laid low, went to the pool of course, and then mommy got so tired of the hotel and staying inside that we bundled up and headed back to the shore. We had a great dinner at one of the local restraunts and then got to visit some of the BIG boats that were on shore.

Saturday we started back on our 13 hour drive back home. We made a stop in Eau Claire, WI to visit my Great Grandma. She was very nice and I liked her a lot. I even gave her a big kiss and hug right away (I think she was pretty fond of me too). We had lunch with Great Grandma, and stopped by to see her sister Ginny (who isn't doing too good) and after a few hours we were back on the road again, with no other sites to visit until we got home. We stopped in some little town in Iowa to get a hotel late Saturday night and then were back on the road Sunday. We ended up getting home around 4:30 Sunday afternoon, and I just couldnt wait to play with all of my toys. :)

All and all we had a great vacation. I did so awesome in the car, better than mommy and daddy could have imagined. I also slept through every night with the exception of one night and only cried about an hour all total in the entire trip. :) What can I say. I'm a cool kid who likes to spend time with mommy and daddy and thought that I would be good for them. :)

Anyway, so the next big thing, daddy leaves Tuesday morning for a week in Chicago on business and Grandma comes into town Tuesday evening to spend about a week with mommy and I. Poppy and Gigi are still exploring Egypt and aren't expected back in town for another week or so, so no news from them lately, but we are always thinking and praying for them.

Thanks for reading my blog, sorry it's so long, but had lots to say this time. Until next time.

xoxo

Luke

1 comment:

Mystii said...

Wow... it sounds like you had an awesome vacation! I love the pictures, I'm very happy that you were good during the whole vacation. I have no doubt that made it even better for your Mommy & Daddy! I'm looking forward so much to seeing you tomorrow :)

Hugs & Kisses,
Grandma